Friday, April 29, 2011

Yarn, Yarn, Yarn...

It's everywhere!

Join me as we take a short walk through a few rooms in my house to see a sampling of yarn in various states of project completion.

There's a bag ready to go out the door with small portable projects.

Here's a stack of finished potholders, washcloths, and a Pirate Hat all piled on a basket full of afghans.

A bucket full of yarn is at my feet when I sit at the couch and crochet.

There are even some yarn items in the toybox!

It's in the closet.

It's tied to the doorknob for some crazy game that little boys are known to invent and that the rest of us will never understand.

It's on school projects.

Ah, this one, I love. "Mama, can I play with this ball of yarn?" No sooner do I give permission than I find it tied to this old table, and a large cardboard tube is being "zoomed" across the rooms down this yarn. I didn't have the heart to take it off, so for my own silly giggles, I left it there during Easter dinner while 10 people sat around a table in the same room with this random yarn-tied-table. Am I the only one that finds an odd joy in that? I (occasionally) try to be dignified, but when there's a 5-year-old in the house, it's going to show! By the way, no one asked about it. Do you think it's because of the 5-year-old or because they're afraid I'm just such a horrible hostess that I didn't even notice it there?

Huh. This is an interesting project hanging on the back of a door. Maybe I'll have to tell you about it sometime.

There's yarn in my kitchen drawers. (Oh gross, apparently that one needs to be washed!)

More kitchen drawers...

And this is a fairly small representation from the room that holds most of my craft supplies. This was just what was readily accessible.

Isn't yarn amazing? So many colors, textures, material content, thickness...what's not to love?

4 comments:

  1. Wow! What a nice little tour! And yes....I have yarn strewn about the house from my kids, too! Right now, actually, there's a toy suspended from the ceiling directly over Paige's bed hung by yarn :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it...shows your creative side. Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. My whole dining room is my yarn hole. I got rid of the dining room table and put a love seat in there and a lot of my yarn stuffs. :o) I love it.....my yarn hole that is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I posted about yarn today today, except mine was not the type you write with!

    http://baygirl32.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and questions! I'll reply as soon as I am able. Thanks for visiting!