Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Wild With W

How did I get so much for W today?

We'll start with What I learned about Washing.

This
...turns into this in my dishwasher.

Which is Why I love SC Johnson products! That has never happened to these containers!
(I also love SC Johnson products because of this Wonderful item that Works so Well for Washing Window blinds, but I already told you about that.)
Anyway, lesson learned. Wash it by hand.

...With these little Washcloths I Whipped up!
The red one seemed way too much work for just washing dishes, so I probably won't do that pattern again. The green one was a little trial to see what would work. I added a strand of thread to make a rougher surface for better scrubbing. I'm not sure yet if it is helping, but it looks cute.

Work-in-progress seems like a logical addition, but I just showed you an update on my Ugly Blanket. So I thought I'd show you my newest toy that I was using with it: a ball Winder (thanks, Mandy!).

It turned this funny pink snake that was given to me...
...into this!
Admittedly, this was the second time I used it. The first time, I didn't have the "feeder thing" in the right spot, and it wasn't pretty. Once I figured out how it was really supposed to work, great success!

OK, that's all I have for W. Only three letters left for the A to Z Challenge!

6 comments:

  1. A clever winder! It does a very impressive job of making a neat ball of yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm working on the same pattern as your red square right now and I definitely agree - too much work for a dish cloth! It's been a struggle trying to get through it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love that winder, Carol! It's great.

    Yes, Curly J! Washcloths are supposed to be quick projects!! Oh well, it's done. I just won't do it for a washcloth again. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me thinks I need a ball winder! Need to put it on my list of aquisitions to be. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a Wild post today!!! I think basketweave pattern goes way quicker than seedstitch which everyone seems to make cloths out of... You're little green scrubber reminds me of a WIP I have tucked away somewhere, only I used a fishing line with the yarn to make it scrubbier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that was weally weally good!! made me smile..have a good one

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and questions! I'll reply as soon as I am able. Thanks for visiting!