What??!!!??? No one has ever accused me of being stylish before! What an honour!
I just LOVE reading comments from people, and I've begun to look forward to opening my messages whenever I see "Naturally Carol has left you a comment on..." in my inbox! She's always so sweet and encouraging about my projects. Boy was I surprised to open her comment to see she had nominated me for a Stylish Blogger Award!
Thank you!!! You are so sweet. Check out Naturally Carol here to see what she's up to in Australia!
Now I'm supposed to tell you 7 things about me (oh, I hate this part!) in no particular order:
1. I'm a fairly optimistic person.
2. I'm very protective of friends and family.
3. I try to find the humor in difficult or tense or serious situations. Yep, it's gotten me into trouble before. (Think college class at night after being stuck on campus all day long and you and your friend are feeling a teensy bit of the stir-crazies.) =D
4. I have an enormous amount of respect for people in the military that serve to protect our country and our freedoms (Thank You Beth and Marie Anne and any others I may not know out there).
5. My favorite Bible verse is James 1:5, "If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him." What a promise! (A close second would be John 17:3, "Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent." or Ephesians 2:4-5, "But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions--it is by grace you have been saved.")
6. My husband sacked Tony Romo. (Yes, I recognize that it is not really about me, but I'm immensely proud of my husband, and I love to see the reactions I get to saying that! And for those not in the U.S., it's just us sports-crazed Americans talking about football again. Sorry.)
7. I play the piano.
8. Since I cheated with adding one about hubby, here's a little insight into my deepest desires: I want to be "Grandma Fluffy." I love, love, LOVE to feed people, and so my friends have taken to calling me Grandma Fluffy. I think it has something to do with making them fat... ;-)
Now, the best part! I get to share the award with 15 others!
1. The Life of Riley
2. Crochet with Tamara
3. Every Day Crochet
4. Visions of Sugar Plums
5. Crochet & Cross Stitch Pattern Slut (Check out her blog soon--she's having AMAZING birthday giveaways!)
6. Clara's Crochet Room
7. A Sheltering Tree
8. by night
9. Emerging Em
10. Mixing it up with DaPerfectMix
11. Modern Country Style
12. Beach Bungalow
13. Pixels and Paperie
14. Sweet T Makes Three
15. Crafter's Niche
Go check out these amazing bloggers and leave them a word of encouragement.
If you're one of the awardees, you can accept your award by linking back here, writing up 7 things about yourself, nominate 15 others, and let your nominees know about the award.
Thanks again, and happy blogging!