Monday, January 24, 2011

Color on color headband

The headbands have really given me opportunity for creativity, an area in which I've always felt deficient. But, I'm trying just the same!

Saturday evening, as I was falling asleep, I decided that I wanted to do a red headband with a red flower. Why is it that I can see things I like about other people's projects, but I never think to apply it to my own? I kept making headbands and using other colors for the flowers (which I still like), but I hadn't tried keeping it the same. Sometimes that works best with an outfit, right?

Thus was born Sunday morning's project. Here's how it turned out:
Since I haven't yet gotten a good model for these, this set of pictures will have to do.

The red color-on-color headband:

Thanks for all the great suggestions on this! Here's how I finished it:


I used the other set of flowers and made this headband to go with it:
Sorry this one ended up a little dark, but hopefully you can see that cute pink button in the middle.

The sage headband from the weekend being modeled (still cuter on you, Moriah!):
(Also, DEFINITELY should have taken the extra time for make-up...eek.)

And this is the one that inspired it all. This is what was originally "ordered."

The little white flowers with pink centers turned out to be really cute. They also inspired another idea in me...

...for another post.

11 comments:

  1. I love the little white flowers, they are super cute! I can see them with tiny rhinestones in the middle too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the red one with red flower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These headbands are all fabulous! I think my favorite is the green or the white with the flowers with pink centers. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful and perfect for those of us who do not look good in hats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the color variations on these crochet headbands!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great headbands. It's amazing how changing the yarn color totally changes the look of a pattern. they are all beautiful

    Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOLA, BUENOS DÍAS, he quedado muy sorprendida con estas lindas bandas para el pelo!!! Enhora buena, me parece un bello trabajo!!!! ¿me podrías dar el patrón si lo tienes? mi madre quiere hacerle una a mi sobrinita Triana que tiene 6 meses y le han gustado mucho también estas que están aquí en su blog!!!!!
    MUCHAS GRACIAS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by, yeida!
    I don't have a pattern I've followed for these; I just made one up. But basically I start with a few double crochets and increase to the width I want. Continue that (for a baby) to about 36-38 cm, then decrease to finish. Sorry I can't be more specific--I'm learning by trying on these. =) Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful! Love the red one! Thanks for linking up to our YARN IT ALL party! :]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok, love this one, too. :) You are one talented crochet queen!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and questions! I'll reply as soon as I am able. Thanks for visiting!