Sunday, August 8, 2010

Ugly Blanket

I’m making an Ugly Blanket, and I’m SO excited about it!

I’ve been moving around random partial skeins of yarn for years now, and I finally decided that I need to use them up. None of them had enough for any given project, so I figured, “Why not put them all together to make a warm (albeit UGLY) afghan for camping?” I got started right away. I was a little nervous about what dear, sweet, loving, encouraging hubby would say when he got home from work… I plowed ahead anyway. (By the way--he LOVED it!)

I made up a pattern of V-stitches. After all, it’s supposed to be ugly, who wants to work hard on a pretty pattern?!?!

Here’s what I have so far:

If you’re interested in helping me out by clearing out your sewing/craft room of those partial and unusable skeins of yarn, let me know! I’d love to add more colors to it! I’ll keep posting progress in the next few weeks as I get more yarn.

4 comments:

  1. What type of yarn are you using? Cotton? Acrylic?

    I just did a similar project! But much smaller! Come check it out!

    http://allthingsfee.blogspot.com/2010/07/scrap-hat.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hat! That's so fun.

    I'm using acrylic yarn for this. I've used up my leftover cotton yarn to make potholders for the camper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great idea for using up old yarn! And I actually think it's really cute in all its "ugliness" ;] Thanks for linking up to our YARN IT ALL party! :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh - hysterical idea! Ha ha - an ugly blanket on purpose. Even I could crochet one of those! What a good way to use up your yarn.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and questions! I'll reply as soon as I am able. Thanks for visiting!