Saturday, September 24, 2011

Housekeeping Schedule: Saturday

Saturday!!



Today is the day for catching up on anything that got missed through the week or taking care of a special project. Isn't it so much easier to set aside some time to clean out a closet or organize basement storage or rearrange a room when the rest of the house is already (mostly) in order?

Someone asked me how this schedule has been working out for me this week. Thus far, it's all been covered!

However, as organized as we can be, life still happens. I've been following this Housekeeping Schedule since the beginning of April. I have an actual checklist that I've typed out so that it's easy to see and follow. (I also just love that accomplishment of physically checking something off a list. It's the little victories, right?!) There were certainly weeks of being gone or being extremely busy, and the list just didn't get 100% done. There's the beauty. The following week, you don't have to cram to get it all accomplished, you just start fresh at the beginning (or whatever day it happens to be), and give it the 5-15 minutes it will take to get that day back on track.

Perfectionist that I am, YES!, I still have empty boxes. But I'd sure like to believe that I spent that time playing with my boy or something else equally worthy. ;-)

Were there any glaring omissions? Watering houseplants? Weeding the garden? Emptying out the refrigerator? Please share! But I'll tell you right now, if it's cleaning out the oven, I'm sorry. We've had this one for a few years, and I have yet to tackle that project.

Well, that was a whole lot of information this week into our household cleaning habits. Hopefully it gave you some new ideas of how to keep a couple chores under control. If not, we'll be back to your 'regularly scheduled' crochet projects soon.

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that this is working well for you! The oven is MY nemesis!
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been neat to see how this is working out for you. And I think it makes a lot of sense that it's never going to work perfectly each week but that the general routine of it is what makes it work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This articleEnd of lease cleaning Sydney merits sharing, so motivating and brimming with data ! concerning cleansing Lease clean | Bond cleaners | Cleaning Services Sydneycompanies. I enjoyed the manner in which you exhibited your data. Keep it up and sharing your experiences... It would be ideal if you keep distributing accommodating subjects this way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and questions! I'll reply as soon as I am able. Thanks for visiting!