Monday, August 1, 2011

Friday night project

Here's what is going on in my little corner of the world:
A new baby blanket is in the works. I had all that yarn and came across a pattern that looked fun; it was meant to be. ;-)
My mom got some large knitting needles, so I had to give a little try to Broomstick Lace.
You loyal lovely ladies have helped me figure out the Mystery Stitch!!!! Yeah!! Pictures of the sample and pattern will be coming.

On Friday, I wanted to do something a little brainless. I threw together a washcloth.
Please don't look too closely, I did it in the dark.

This little guy was next. Without counting stitches, it turned out larger than my favorite little washcloth/sponges but smaller than a potholder.

Perfect for a coaster!

Better with the coffee in it, don't you think?

7 comments:

  1. Hey, brilliant news about the stitch! Can't wait to see what it was!

    So is your washcloth broomstick lace? Would you recommend giving it a try, come on, tell me all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The washcloth is just a V-stitch. I linked to the pattern I use.

    The Broomstick Lace: it's a little putzy, but I think I like it! Once you get into the rhythm of it, it gets easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm wanting to try working on Broomstick Lace sometime this year. Will love to see your adventures in this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you did this in the dark? If I tried that in the dark all that I would make would be a ball of knots!
    the coaster is very cute.
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that yarn! It's very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mindy..great stitch design for a coaster, just full of texture and the colour is perfect too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate broomstick lace with a passion. "putzy" is a good word for it, at least it saves the profanities I was spewing!!! Those little coaster/sponges are a great idea, if I ever have time I will be giving them a try:) Can't wait to see the "mystery: stitch!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and questions! I'll reply as soon as I am able. Thanks for visiting!