Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Bridal Shower Gift

It has been a pretty busy week and weekend for us. We're starting to get caught up on sleep again, I've finally caught up on (hopefully) all your posts, and there's an end in sight to catching up with all the laundry folding that I missed. Phew!

Now it's time to catch up with my projects that need to be posted.

The first one is a collection of kitchen items for a bridal shower. Please don't tell anyone this, but I scrambled like a crazy woman to get these done. We had some ideas of what we wanted to do for this shower gift, but we changed our minds once we saw the kitchen colors she had picked. I had all the yarn on hand, and I was excited about putting something together.

Sure wish we'd decided that before Thursday... ;-)

No worries, they work up very quickly, and I had the 3 potholders done by Friday afternoon. Friday evening, I made all the washcloths. All set for the Saturday morning shower!

 (This made the yellow washcloth look skewed, but I promise, it is a rectangle!)

It seems that everyone out there knows how to make these potholders (though in the interest of full disclosure, I just learned the actual pattern last summer...) and the washcloths were super fast.

Washcloth pattern
Ch 31.
Row 1: (Dc, ch 1, dc - V-stitch made) in 5th ch from hook, sk 2 ch, V-st in next ch across to last 2 ch; dc in first ch.
Row 2: Ch 3, V-st in ch-1-sp and in each across; dc in last dc.
Repeat until desired size; sc border in complementing color.

These were fun. I hope they like using them!

11 comments:

  1. LOVE making those pot holders . haven't done any for a while, must make some for ffor my nephew and his new wife.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the pattern! I've been wanting to make some of these! Yours are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on getting them done. It doesn't matter how long it took you to complete them, they're just as useful and a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your super fast project! Thanks for sharing the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  5. came to visit via tea rose home. I use a different pattern for the washcloths but they work out much the same. Love the way yours turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh! can you tell me how you put the different colored stripes in to the double thick hot pads? That looks really neat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! I would have loved to receive something like this at my bridal shower.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a terrific gift! nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! Now I have two patterns for dishcloths – yours and Marie Anne's.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and questions! I'll reply as soon as I am able. Thanks for visiting!