It has been a pretty busy week and weekend for us. We're starting to get caught up on sleep again, I've finally caught up on (hopefully) all your posts, and there's an end in sight to catching up with all the laundry folding that I missed. Phew!
Now it's time to catch up with my projects that need to be posted.
The first one is a collection of kitchen items for a bridal shower. Please don't tell anyone this, but I scrambled like a crazy woman to get these done. We had some ideas of what we wanted to do for this shower gift, but we changed our minds once we saw the kitchen colors she had picked. I had all the yarn on hand, and I was excited about putting something together.
Sure wish we'd decided that before Thursday... ;-)
No worries, they work up very quickly, and I had the 3 potholders done by Friday afternoon. Friday evening, I made all the washcloths. All set for the Saturday morning shower!
It seems that everyone out there knows how to make these potholders (though in the interest of full disclosure, I just learned the actual pattern last summer...) and the washcloths were super fast.
Row 1: (Dc, ch 1, dc - V-stitch made) in 5th ch from hook, sk 2 ch, V-st in next ch across to last 2 ch; dc in first ch.
Row 2: Ch 3, V-st in ch-1-sp and in each across; dc in last dc.
Repeat until desired size; sc border in complementing color.
These were fun. I hope they like using them!