Thursday, September 6, 2012

Ugly Blanket -Bright Colors

Ugly Blanket #2 is complete...and the ideas for #3 are already churning. =)

It's perfect for a twin bed. The 2 variegated colors are VERY fuzzy. Super soft and cozy. The edging is done in a thinner yarn with a picot edging to finish it off.

This was an interesting pattern to do. Even though it was intended to be ugly in using up scraps of yarn, I actually had to be quite picky about what I could use because it had to be enough yarn to complete at least 2 rows in the pattern. The next one won't follow such a strict design. I'm writing a new pattern for the next one that will probably be wide again and warmer colors. But who knows what yarns I'll have available partway through it? It may just evolve in colors as I go.

2 comments:

  1. It looks very nice - not ugly at all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the pattern is interesting..and I like the black it sets the colors off. Not ugly at all.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and questions! I'll reply as soon as I am able. Thanks for visiting!