Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Green Smoothie

We've been enjoying our smoothies lately for a good quick breakfast. We recently got a huge container of spinach, and since we all really like it I figured I'd throw some into the smoothies.

He had lots of fun watching the blender turn green, though he had some reservations about whether or not it would taste good. It was a success!

Our Green Smoothie Recipe
1 1/2 C chocolate milk
1 T peanut butter
1 large handful spinach
1 frozen banana
3-4 ice cubes

Throw it in the blender until well blended. Enjoy!

When I make a batch for all three of us, I adapt it a little:
3 C milk (chocolate, coconut, plain, or any combination)
3 T peanut butter or almond butter
2-3 frozen bananas
2-3 handfuls of spinach
5-6 ice cubes

Do you have favorite smoothie ingredients?

3 comments:

  1. Wow. I love spinach too but I don't know about putting it in with chocolate, peanut butter and bananas. I know, I shouldn't shirk it because I haven't tried it but.....lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You couldn't taste it one bit in there! I'm sure if I had added more, we might have tasted it, but the peanut butter, banana, and chocolate were the only flavors.

      Delete
  2. I have read alot about green smoothies. I may have to make one.
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and questions! I'll reply as soon as I am able. Thanks for visiting!