Monday, December 26, 2011

First Snow Doily

My only white doily made for Christmas! (not that I didn't love the other colors I used, I just always thought of doilies as traditionally white...before I started making them)

The pattern is Winter's First Snow. Thus the choice of white. =)


A straight-on shot:
This is possibly Size 5 Thread, but I don't know for sure. It hasn't had a label in years. It is slightly thicker than Size 10 Thread. Do you think the thicker thread causes it to lose too much detail? I'm wondering so that I can mark my pattern for if I ever make it again.

Regardless of the thread, I enjoyed working on this pattern.

8 comments:

  1. It's lovely - a pretty decoration for Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it with the thicker yarn. Will probably last longer this way also. More sturdy and will holder up to more wear. It is very beautiful by the way. I have attemted one doily and we will just leave it at that. Poor little rainbow colored thing is still 1/4 to 1/2 finished and still in a box somewhere. I gave up. It curled and rolled every which way. it was a mess. A very pretty rainbow mess. Of course this was right after I first learned to crochet so maybe that explains it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful!
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your doily is just fine. Some doilies just look better in the traditional white. My opinion on the thread..use what you like.. I tend to like #10. I am a thread snob, I only use one brand if I can help it. Have a great New Year my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it just the way it is, whatever thread it is. Stunning piece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like it as it is, it's very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful. I've never taken on attempting to crochet with the smaller cotton thread and I doubt I ever will! It just seems too tedious for me.
    The only thing I use it for is when I hand tie my quilts.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and questions! I'll reply as soon as I am able. Thanks for visiting!